The above video is a New York State Society of Professional Engineers (NYSSPE) update discussing the importance of the recent prosecution of illegal practice in the Hurricane Sandy insurance fraud case. The video is presented by Anthony Fasano, P.E. NYSSPE Executive Director and NYSSPE Legislative Counsel Mark Kriss, Esq.
Here is a time-stamped breakdown of the video to make it easier to find the sections of interest to you:
- [0:16] Video overview.
- [0:35] Mark Kriss, Esq. discusses the guilty please that was made in the Hurricane Sandy insurance case.
- [1:40] Kriss discussed in detail how a non-licensed employee in an engineering firm falsified reports.
- [2:30] Fasano emphasizes the governmental process associated with fraudulent engineering work and how it worked in this case.
- [2:55] Kriss mentioned another case where a child was killed in a façade collapse.
- [3:10] Kriss discusses how important it is that illegal practice is prosecuted.
- [3:40] Please leave comments or questions you might have below in regards to this issue.
– – – –
Note: NYSSPE facilitates posting on this blog, but the views and accounts expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not the views or accounts of NYSSPE, its officers or directors whose views and accounts may or may not be similar or identical. NYSSPE, its officers and directors do not express any opinion regarding any product or service by virtue of reference to such product or service in this blog.