Here is a time-stamped breakdown of the video to make it easier to find the sections of interest to you:
- [0:20] A. Fasano discusses NYSSPE’s plan to focus on indemnification legislation.
- [0:32] M. Kriss talks about how some municipalities are overreaching in terms of indemnification.
- [1:03] M. Kriss defines indemnification.
- [2:00] M. Kriss discusses the terms of professional liability insurance with respect to indemnification.
- [2:16] A. Fasano gives a real life example of how engineers are asked to take on additional liability.
- [2:42] M. Kriss talks about why this issue can be thought of as a “race to the bottom” for engineering firms.
- [3:01] M. Kriss talks about what NYSSPE is doing about this problem which includes working with other organizations including AIA and ACEC.
- [3:54] A. Fasano talks about the direction NYSSPE is trying to move these efforts to create a positive change.
- [4:21] M. Kriss discusses a standard indemnification provision that NYSSPE is working on to help reduce the liability of engineers in New York State.
Please leave comments or questions you might have below in regards to this issue.
– – – –
Note: NYSSPE facilitates posting on this blog, but the views and accounts expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not the views or accounts of NYSSPE, its officers or directors whose views and accounts may or may not be similar or identical. NYSSPE, its officers and directors do not express any opinion regarding any product or service by virtue of reference to such product or service in this blog.