Here is a time-stamped breakdown of the video to make it easier to find the sections of interest to you:
- [0:06] A. Fasano gives an overview of the indictment of Paul J. Newman including some of the statistics of the alleged falsifications.
- [1:06] M. Kriss voices pleasure with the fact that the State is monitoring and taking action against individuals who are fraudulently taking the mantle of design professionals.
- [2:07] M. Kriss describes the indictment and indicates that this individual, if convicted, “should actually go to jail.”
- [2:33] A. Fasano mentions other recent indictments around fraudulent or unlawful practices of engineering.
- [3:18] M. Kriss provides an update on the facade incident in New York City, in which the State Board recently took action against the engineer that had practiced unlawfully. The State Board suspended this individual’s license for one year.
- [4:20] Fasano emphasizes that the work of NYSSPE and its members is critical to continuing to help seek out the unacceptable unlawful practice of engineering.
- [4:46] Kriss states that he believes there should be real jail time for an offense of this nature.
Please leave comments or questions you might have below in regards to this issue.
– – – –
Note: NYSSPE facilitates posting on this blog, but the views and accounts expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not the views or accounts of NYSSPE, its officers or directors whose views and accounts may or may not be similar or identical. NYSSPE, its officers and directors do not express any opinion regarding any product or service by virtue of reference to such product or service in this blog.