You can also click here for a written summary of the 2017 budget bill as enacted written by Mark Kriss, Esq.
Here is a time-stamped breakdown of the video to make it easier to find the sections of interest to you:
- [0:06] A. Fasano introduces video topic.
- [0:20] M. Kriss describes the final version of the bill.
- [1:35] M. Kriss discusses the financial thresholds set forth in the final bill.
- [2:50] M. Kriss discusses the quality assurances that are included in this bill.
- [3:10] M. Kriss describes some of the items that NYSSPE wanted that are not in the bill.
- [3:30] A. Fasano describes the back and forth of this legislative process including the improvements in this final version.
- [3:50] A. Fasano reinforces that NYSSPE is a proponent of Design Build when it is done properly with the proper safeguards in place.
- [4:10] Mark Kriss mentions that QBS is within this bill.
- [4:30] Anthony Fasano summarizes the video.
Please leave comments or questions you might have below in regards to this issue.
– – – –
Note: NYSSPE facilitates posting on this blog, but the views and accounts expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not the views or accounts of NYSSPE, its officers or directors whose views and accounts may or may not be similar or identical. NYSSPE, its officers and directors do not express any opinion regarding any product or service by virtue of reference to such product or service in this blog.