Here is a time-stamped breakdown of the video to make it easier to find the sections of interest to you:
- [0:06] A. Fasano introduces video topic.
- [0:22] M. Kriss describes the legislative initiative focused on alleviating professional engineers from having to indemnify municipalities on municipal projects.
- [1:55] M. Kriss updates the status of the Land Surveyor’s bill, which if passed, would allow surveyors the right to perform minor engineering work .
- [2:44] M. Kriss gives an update on a bill that proposes to increase the exemption from $5,000 to $50,000 in order to trigger the need for a design professional.
- [3:44] M. Kriss updates a bill related to indoor air quality which threatens to allow non-engineering professionals to be involved in this process.
- [4:07] A. Fasano summarizes the update and emphasizes the effort that goes into the legislative process.
Please leave comments or questions you might have below in regards to this issue.
– – – –
Note: NYSSPE facilitates posting on this blog, but the views and accounts expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not the views or accounts of NYSSPE, its officers or directors whose views and accounts may or may not be similar or identical. NYSSPE, its officers and directors do not express any opinion regarding any product or service by virtue of reference to such product or service in this blog.