NYSSPE PEC PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD
To acknowledge accomplishments of the engineering profession by recognizing those entities involved with outstanding engineering achievements that have captured the innovative and dynamic spirit of a profession dedicated to public service.
Nominations may include a specific engineered end product such as a building, dam, roadway, bridge, site improvement, product, or any worthy project that meets a human, environmental, or social need for the residents of the state of New York. All nominated projects must have been either completed or under construction in the calendar year preceding the year of nomination. Only projects located in New York State and designed by U.S. firms with offices located in New York State are eligible for nomination.
NYSSPE PEC Project of the Year Award entries will be reviewed and awarded by the NYSSPE PEC Interest Group. For questions please contact NYSSPE PEC at email@example.com and/or NYSSPE at 518-283-7490.
Data Required for NYSSPE PEC PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD:
Must be received by March 13, 2020
1. Name of NYSSPE chapter or Nominating Person / Organization;
2. Name, address, daytime phone number, email, and signature of chapter/person/organization representative;
3. Name of project, location & completion date;
4. Name and title of project representative responsible for project, indicating if the representative is a P.E. This person will serve as a point of contact for questions regarding the nominated project. Also include project representative company name, address, direct daytime and mobile phone numbers, and email;
5. Project design firm. Include name and title of representative, address, contact phone number(s), and email. For any subconsultant/collaborating design firm(s), please provide the same info;
6. For public relations purposes, names and addresses of two or more local newspapers and any other publications you would like NYSSPE to notify;
7. Include a one-page statement written for the general public stating why the nomination is an outstanding engineering achievement; and
8. Attach the following entry requirements:
a. A narrative, not to exceed 20 pages, describing the overall engineering requirements of the project, type of construction, cost, and any other pertinent engineering data. Be concise, yet thorough;
b. A minimum of five photographs, illustrations, drawings, charts, or diagrams suitable for publication for illustrative purposes, and any pertinent published articles as supplemental background material. Each entry shall be limited to ten pages of such supporting materials. Additional photographs of winners will be required for press purposes.
Nominations are required by email (only), in letter size PDF format, not to exceed 20MB. Elaborateness of entry is not a factor in judging.
Submit nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org; with a copy to email@example.com.The NYSSPE PEC Interest Group serves as the judging panel. They evaluate the projects on contributions to human, environmental, or social needs, originality, innovation, applications of engineering principles, and economic impact.
The criteria are evaluated as follows:
Application of engineering principles 25 points
Originality/innovation 25 points
Complexity 20 points
Social significance 15 points
Economic impact 15 points
Total 100 points