City halts non-essential construction
Please see here for guidance on how DOB is implementing the ban on non-essential construction during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Buildings Bulletin
- Guidance Document on Enforcement of Essential vs. Nonessential Construction
- Service Notice
As part of the citywide response to the Coronavirus, the Department of Buildings (DOB) is continuing its efforts to immediately limit the amount of walk-in traffic to DOB offices. Effective immediately, the following mandatory operational changes have been implemented:
Drop off boxes are available for the following services:
eFiling for Application Processing:
- Permit renewals without changes must be processed in eFiling.
- For initial non-Hub standard plan BIS jobs, upload plans in eFiling/eSubmit after the job is in AP Entire/D status.
- Do not upload plans in eFiling/eSubmit for standard plan PAAs until it has been entered in BIS and the fees have been paid.
See the Application Processing Service Notice for more details. All applications need to be dropped-off or mailed to the borough office where the property is located.
- Certificates of Correction
- Cranes and Derricks applications
- eFiling Authentication forms
- Full Demolition (DM) plans
- Licensing applications (initial, renewal and change requests)
- OP128: Ordinary Plumbing Work Reports
- Site Safety Plans (SSP)
See the AEU/Licensing Service Notice, CD/eFiling/LAA Service Notice and DM/SSP Service Notice for more details.
Note: NYSSPE facilitates posting on this blog, but the views and accounts expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not the views or accounts of NYSSPE, its officers or directors whose views and accounts may or may not be similar or identical. NYSSPE, its officers and directors do not express any opinion regarding any product or service by virtue of reference to such product
Leave a Reply