ENGINEER OF THE YEAR
To recognize a professional engineer who has made an outstanding contribution to the goals of the Society of Professional Engineers by means of educational, collegiate and engineering achievements; professional society, technical society, civic and humanitarian activities; and displayed continuing competence.
YOUNG ENGINEER OF THE YEAR
To recognize a professional engineer or intern engineer 35 years of age or less who has made an outstanding contribution to the goals of the Society of Professional Engineers by means of educational, collegiate and engineering achievements; professional society, technical society, civic and humanitarian activities; and displayed continuing competence.
HONOREE FOR CONTRIBUTION IN THE FIELD OF EDUCATION
To recognize an individual whose activities or contributions in the field of Education have broad and lasting effects on the goals of the engineering profession or the Society of Professional Engineers.
To recognize a professional engineer who has made an outstanding contribution to the goals of the Society of Professional Engineers over an extended period of time.
NYSSPE PEG PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER IN GOVERNMENT AWARD
To recognize a professional engineer in Government who, during a career in public service, has made an outstanding contribution to public health, safety and/or welfare, the engineering profession, and the goals of the Society of Professional Engineers through demonstrated managerial ability and professional engineering achievement.
The NYSSPE PEG award entries will be reviewed by the NYSSPE PEG Interest Group. For questions, contact John Sucharski, PE; firstname.lastname@example.org, 516-521-4823
NYSSPE PEI PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER IN INDUSTRY AWARD
This award will be presented to an individual NYS Registered Professional Engineer or NYS based Industrial organization that utilized a NYS Registered Professional Engineer to lead the development of a new or improved industrial process, technology or engineering innovation to advance the production of items used or consumed by customers. Nominations will be judged based on their creative use of engineering principles and the economic impact the product has on the business or protecting the health and safety of the general public.
Please submit a one-page overview of your nomination for review. Include supporting economic impact or public safety improvements. List key team members including the Registered Professional Engineer(s) involved in the project.
The NYSSPE PEI award entries will be reviewed by the NYSSPE PEI Interest Group. For questions, contact Peter Lautensack, PE; email@example.com /315-326-2414
NYSSPE PEC PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD
To acknowledge accomplishments of the engineering profession by recognizing those entities involved with outstanding engineering achievements that have captured the innovative and dynamic spirit of a profession dedicated to public service.
Nominations may include a specific engineered end product such as a building, dam, roadway, bridge, site improvement, product, or any worthy project that meets a human, environmental, or social need for the residents of the state of New York. All nominated projects must have been either completed or under construction in the calendar year preceding the year of nomination. Only projects located in New York State and designed by U.S. firms with offices located in New York State are eligible for nomination.
NYSSPE PEC Project of the Year Award entries will be reviewed and awarded by the NYSSPE PEC Interest Group. For questions please contact NYSSPE PEC at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or NYSSPE at 518-283-7490.
Data Required for NYSSPE PEC PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD:
Must be received by March 13, 2020
- Name of NYSSPE chapter or Nominating Person / Organization;
- Name, address, daytime phone number, email, and signature of chapter/person/organization representative;
- Name of project, location & completion date;
- Name and title of project representative responsible for project, indicating if the representative is a P.E. This person will serve as a point of contact for questions regarding the nominated project. Also include project representative company name, address, direct daytime and mobile phone numbers, and email;
- Project design firm. Include name and title of representative, address, contact phone number(s), and email. For any subconsultant/collaborating design firm(s), please provide the same info;
- For public relations purposes, names and addresses of two or more local newspapers and any other publications you would like NYSSPE to notify;
- Include a one-page statement written for the general public stating why the nomination is an outstanding engineering achievement; and
- Attach the following entry requirements:
- A narrative, describing the overall engineering requirements of the project, type of construction, cost, and any other pertinent engineering data. Be concise, yet thorough;
- A minimum of five photographs, illustrations, drawings, charts, or diagrams suitable for publication for illustrative purposes, and any pertinent published articles as supplemental background material. Each entry shall be limited to ten pages of such supporting materials. Additional photographs of winners will be required for press purposes.
Nominations are required by email (only), in letter size PDF format, not to exceed 20MB. Elaborateness of entry is not a factor in judging. Submit nominations to: email@example.com; with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NYSSPE PEC Interest Group serves as the judging panel. They evaluate the projects on contributions to human, environmental, or social needs, originality, innovation, applications of engineering principles, and economic impact. The criteria are evaluated as follows:
NYSSPE PEC PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD
Application of engineering principles 25 points
Originality/innovation 25 points
Complexity 20 points
Social significance 15 points
Economic impact 15 points
Total 100 points