Click here to read NYSSPE response letter.
The above video discusses the New York State Society of Professional Engineers (NYSSPE) response to the recent Governor’s veto of legislation that would require regular inspections of parking garages in New York State.
Here is a time-stamped breakdown of the video to make it easier to find the sections of interest to you:
- [0:15] Introduction to video topic: NYSSPE’s response to the Governor’s veto of the parking garage inspection legislation in New York State including work done to date.
- [0:50] Mark Kriss, Esq. summarizes the reason that the Governor vetoed this legislation that NYSSPE feels is important.
- [1:45] Kriss gives an example of other instances that further highlight the importance of this legislation.
- [2:20] Kriss gives the bottom line as to where the Code Council is at on this topic and how they are moving forward.
- [2:40] Kriss gives NYSSPE’s view of the matter and how we will move forward on this important piece of legislation. He also discusses why this is so important to the safety of the public.
Please leave comments or questions you might have below in regards to this issue.
– – – –
Note: NYSSPE facilitates posting on this blog, but the views and accounts expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not the views or accounts of NYSSPE, its officers or directors whose views and accounts may or may not be similar or identical. NYSSPE, its officers and directors do not express any opinion regarding any product or service by virtue of reference to such product or service in this blog.